Short Sweet Love Poems ~ Sweet Love Quotes

Short Sweet Love Poems

  • Let This Light
    sweet poem by Lindsay

    Let this light guide
    Where we thought lost
    In a journey to find
    How much a love cost
    Like the turning tides
    Sail upon song waves
    In the fields lies
    A soul that had saved
    The mind wonders endlessly
    Upon this question love
    Close your eyes to find me
    Follow the stars above
    Where only a touch can feel
    Into the unknown
    Yet understand how real
    And that I love you so
    Listen to my whisper
    How sweetly it sounds
    This cold makes me shiver
    Where warmth in you I found

  • A Special World

    A special world for you and me
    A special bond one cannot see
    It wraps us up in its cocoon
    And holds us fiercely in its womb.

    Its fingers spread like fine spun gold
    Gently nestling us to the fold
    Like silken thread it holds us fast
    Bonds like this are meant to last.

    And though at times a thread may break
    A new one forms in its wake
    To bind us closer and keep us strong
    In a special world, where we belong.

    - Sheelagh Lennon -

  • Henry Constable

    [My lady's presence makes the roses red]

    My lady's presence makes the roses red,
    Because to see her lips they blush for shame.
    The lily's leaves, for envy, pale became,
    And her white hands in them this envy bred.
    The marigold the leaves abroad doth spread,
    Because the sun's and her power is the same.
    The violet of purple colour came.
    Dyed in the blood she made my heart to shed.
    In brief: all flowers from her their virtue take;
    From her sweet breath their sweet smells do proceed;
    The living heat which her eyebeams doth make
    Warmeth the ground and quickeneth the seed.
    The rain, wherewith she watereth the flowers,
    Falls from mine eyes, which she dissolves in showers

  • One Kiss

    One kiss is all I want
    To take away my tears
    And give me a healthy smile

    One kiss is all I want
    To give me hope
    And take on life as it comes

    One kiss is all I want
    To know your lips
    And hold them forever

    One kiss is all I want
    To show you I love you
    And be there for eternity

    by Gary R. Hess

 
© Copyright 2008-2011 - Sweet-Lovequotes.blogspot.com- All rights Reserved. Contact me Privacy Policy